Enrichment and student development
An important part of being a student at NewVIc is taking part in activities that help you to develop new skills, broaden your experience, celebrate successes and enjoy yourself at the same time.
These activities are open to all students regardless of what you are studying, and through participating you will be able to work towards your Sixth Form Bac (SFBac) certificate.
Activities on offer include:
- songwriting and recording
- urban dance
- Recycled Orchestra, as well as other bands and ensembles
- filming and editing production company
- NewVIc Dance Company
- NewVIc Theatre Company
- Cultivate Dance Company (CDC)
- Cypher - beats and poetry
- Graphic Design Company
- Solid Harmony Choir
- Student Union talent show
- instrumental lessons in a wide range of instruments including piano, guitar, drums, sitar and singing
- ensembles and music projects run by the Newham Music Hub.
DR STEVEN KERN
YOUTH ACTIVITIES LEADER
“Our Student Development provision forms a focal point of your student experience at NewVIc. My role it to ensure that every student has the opportunity to further develop their employability and leadership skills. Our team will actively encourage you to challenge yourself and engage in an unrivalled range of exciting and exclusive development opportunities through our Nrich programme or the Student Union. Here at NewVIc there is no limit to your ambition, whether you want to run your own money making business, speak with MPs at Downing street about national policy or join a volunteering expedition to Tanzania, we can support you in making it a reality.”