To become successful students you need to be creative and well-rounded individuals. The confidence gained from involvement in creative arts activities and qualifications will be an asset in progressing whether in education or in the job market. We value our cultural programme and our partnership work with leading specialist arts colleges and universities, local schools and Stratford Circus.
We strongly advise students to be involved in the wide range of creative opportunities NewVIc offers. Our programme includes visual arts, music, technology, dance, poetry, film making, photography, media and drama. These activities will develop your creative, technical and performance skills and allow you to express yourself. Many of our creative arts programmes link to industry professionals and provide work-based learning and skills.
Students have many opportunities to be involved in productions, either as a performer or off-stage in event management, marketing, designing, box office, stage management and other roles. Students get the opportunity to perform in college, in schools, at local borough events and at venues such as Stratford Circus.
Activities currently on offer include:
- songwriting and music production using Logic, ProTools, Ableton
- ensembles including Solid Harmony Choir
- digital film and digital photography
- Recycled Fashion
- NewVIc Theatre Company
- instrumental lessons in a wide range of instruments including piano, guitar, drums, and singing
- ensembles, instrumental lessons and music projects run by the Newham Music Hub
- various dance groups and companies encompassing a wide range of dance styles aimed at different levels, from beginners to advanced: including NDC and Cultivate