NewVIc Ability Counts inclusive sport
NewVIc offers a full inclusive sports programme for students with physical and learning difficulties.
Having adopted Interactive’s ‘Inclusive & Active 2’ kite mark, all staff within the team are trained in delivering adapted sports, and offer a wide programme of opportunities.
In addition we employ a Disability Sports Activator, Paul Archer, who is a specialist in adapted & Paralympic Sports.
Some of the opportunities we provide each year include:
- Ability Counts Football Squad (Sponsored by Car4Leasing) – training every Friday afternoon & competing every 6 weeks.
- Ability Counts Multi Sports Club – offering opportunities to take part in Paralympic Sports one lunch time per week
- NewVIc Stars Cheerleading Squad – coached by Ascension Eagles Cheerleading Club
Some of our successes include:
- AoC Sport London Region Ability Counts Football Champions 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Cheer and Dance Showcase SEN Grand Champions 2014, 2015 and 2016
Some of our students have included:
- Sheikh Sheik – British No. 2 ranked 400m Wheelchair racer, aiming for 2020 Olympic selections.
- Liam Archer – British Blind Football development squad, aiming for 2020 Olympic selection.
Links we have to clubs:
- NewVIc hosts the Newham Ability Camp on two evenings per week for any disabled young person from Newham of further afield to take part in multiple Paralympic sports. As a pan disability multi-sport club the Newham Ability Camp offers 12 different sports per year, with talent ID and progression opportunities for young people aged 11yrs+
For further information on the NewVIc Ability Counts Inclusive Sports programmes please email Elizabeth.email@example.com or call 020 7540 6944.