Level 3 BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate Sport
You will develop skills and knowledge essential to coaching and fitness training. You will also learn about the Human Anatomy, Physiology, movement analysis and be involved in practical work during the programme. There is also the chance to join the Sports Leadership Academy.
Level 3 BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate
BTEC Certificate: one year Extended Certificate: two years
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language and a keen interest in Sport.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- the body in action
- health and safety in sport
- training and fitness for sport
- The specialist units will include:
- sports development
- practical team sports
- sports coaching
On the course you will:
- complete a range of assignments and tasks
- be involved in the practical elements of sport
- undertake educational visits to sports organisations
- improve your communication and team-working skills
- develop your leadership skills through practical coaching activities
Method of assessment
You will be assessed through completion of a coursework portfolio including case studies, presentations, work-based projects and practical assessment, there will be some external exams/tests.
What will I be able to progress to?
You will be well prepared to progress to further Sport-related study, training and work, such as coaching, personal training or sports massage. The transferable skills you gain will also enable you to go into a non-Sport related area of study or employment.
The one-year Certificate is equivalent to an AS-level. The two-year Extended Certificate is equivalent to an A-level.