Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate Travel and Tourism
The Travel and Tourism sector is an exciting and varied business environment that includes hospitality, airlines, tour operations, hotels and airports. You will investigate the UK tourism sector, understand its importance and gain an insight into the different employment opportunities available in this area. You will have the chance to develop your personal skills and qualities, which will enable you to succeed in this exciting sector.
Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate
Successful completion of a broad GCSE or equivalent programme, including two A*-D grades in English Language or Mathematics and another relevant subject, have a good school reference and an interest in Travel and Tourism.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- developing your knowledge of the Travel and Tourism industry
- improving your writing, communication, practical and customer service skills with a focus on your employability
- broadening your awareness of the components of the industry through practical field study
On the course you will:
- take part in events and practical work
- visit Travel and Tourism attractions and organisations
- develop your personal skills while working closely in a team
- gain an understanding of the opportunities available in Travel and Tourism
Method of assessment
This is mainly assessed through coursework, however some elements of the course have external tests.
What will I be able to progress to?
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to Progress to Advanced level study such as the Level 3 BTEC Exteneded Diploma in Travel and Tourism or take up employment in the industry, where there is a wide range of job opportunities.
Students on a Level 2 Extended Certificate will also be studying towards Maths and/or English Level 2 qualifications if they have a grade D or below at GCSE. Students with Grade C and above in both Maths and English will undertake the Higher Project Qualification alongside their vocational qualification.