Level 2 UAL Diploma Performing and Production Arts
You will create work for performance, whilst developing your skills and learning about the Performing Arts industry. Participating in Drama, Music and Dance sessions, you will also have the opportunity to perform your finished work to audiences at NewVIc and Stratford Circus.
Level 2 UAL Diploma
Successful completion of a broad GCSE or equivalent programme, including two A*-D grades in English Language or Mathematics, as well as another relevant subject and a good school reference. You will need an interest in, and some experience of, the Performing Arts.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- devising and composing Music, Drama and Dance
- developing vocal, instrumental, Drama and Dance skills
- understanding the rehearsal and performance process
- exploring the Performing Arts business
On the course you will:
- rehearse and take part in practical workshops
- develop your skills and versatility as a performer
- work with professionals and experienced teachers
- perform to a variety of audiences
- learn to critically evaluate artistic work
- see professional productions in different genres
Method of assessment
You will be internally assessed throughout the duration of this programme.
What will I be able to progress to?
Students on a Level 2 UAL Diploma will also be studying towards Maths and/or English Level 2 qualifications if they have a grade D or below at GCSE. Students with Grade C and above in both Maths and English will undertake the Higher Project Qualification alongside their vocational qualification.