Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate Engineering
You will learn about the fundamentals of science, Mathematics, materials and processes involved in today’s technology-based industries. This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and practical skills needed for employment and further education in the Engineering industries.
Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate
Successful completion of a broad GCSE or equivalent programme, including two A*-D grades in Mathematics and one other relevant subject, plus a good school reference and an interest in Engineering and Technology.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- Applied Science and Mathematics
- industry working practices
- Engineering processes and techniques
- mechanical and electronic fundamentals
- Engineering communication
- health and safety in the Engineering workplace
On the course you will:
- develop the skills and knowledge needed for a career in Engineering
- acquire practical skills in technical drawing, use of workshop equipment and circuit building
- analyse Engineering systems
Method of assessment
You will be assessed by an externally assessed exam and internally assessed coursework.
What will I be able to progress to?
You will be able to progress to the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering, before applying to university or going into employment. You will be prepared to enter technology-related employment in the Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering industry.
Students on a Level 2 Extended Certificate will also be studying towards Maths and/or English Level 2 qualifications if they have a grade D or below at GCSE. Students with Grade C and above in both Maths and English will undertake the Higher Project Qualification alongside their vocational qualification.