LIBF Diploma in Financial Studies (DipFS)
The Certificate in Financial Studies (CFS) is a comprehensive introduction to personal finance. It develops the knowledge and skills required for young people to make informed financial decisions by introducing them to the risks and challenges involved in personal finance, and tools for effective planning.
LIBF Certificate: one year
LIBF Diploma: two years
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language (grade 9-5).
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- financial services for the individual
- the needs and wants of financial services
- industry regulators, ethics and trends
- financial services providers and their sustainability
On the course you will:
- investigate your own financial needs and plan for the future
- research financial service providers and products for individuals
- assess the suitability of financial services products
Method of assessment
Students will be assessed by the LIBF University College through multiple choice tests and case study based exams.
What will I be able to progress to?
As part of a full A-level programme, CFS develops core skills of critical analysis and evaluation, synthesis and written communication, and it provides a foundation in business and finance-related disciplines, as well as direct entry into employment in the Financial Services Sector.
This qualification is an AS/A-level equivalent awarded by the LIBF (The London Institute of Banking & Finance)