Join the NewVIc Honours Programme for gifted and talented students
NewVIc is an excellent choice for gifted and talented students aiming to progress to highly competitive universities and courses.
- Highest success rate for applications to Oxford University in Newham
(based on average success rate over the last five years)
- 71 NewVIc students gained places at Russell Group universities in 2014
What is the Honours Programme?
The NewVIc Honours Programme provides specialist guidance, a tailored curriculum and enrichment opportunities to support progression to elite universities.
The UK’s leading universities have demanding entrance requirements and strong competition for places. The Honours Programme will help you to develop as a student, and provide you with a range of experience to make your application stand out above the rest.
You will receive specialist guidance from the college on the subjects preferred by the most competitive universities for your choice of degree.
Gerda Kildisiute (left) and Rumana Ali (right) both progressed to Oxford University in 2014
We offer a wide range of interesting and stimulating extracurricular activities, including:
- A unique two-year study programme with the University of Oxford
- The Liberal Arts Programme – regular lectures held at NewVIc by academics from leading universities
- Opportunity to submit an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), an independent research project equivalent to an AS-level
- Workshops, lectures and mentoring programmes run by the most selective universities
- Opportunities for work experience, mentoring and contact with employers
- Wide range of Nrich activities, including debating and Model United Nations
- Visits to Russell Group universities
- An outstanding programme of support for UCAS applications with support from Russell Group universities
The UK’s leading universities have demanding entrance requirements and there is very strong competition for places. Getting involved in these Honours Programme opportunities will help you to develop as a student, and provide you with a range of experience to make your application stand out above the rest.
Who can join the Honours Programme?
Both A-level and BTEC level 3* applicants are eligible to join. An average GCSE point score of 6.5 or higher is required, including at least a grade B in English language and mathematics.
Find out more
NewVIc runs advice sessions about the Honours Programme and the specialist pathways. If you or your parents/guardians would like to talk to a member of staff about the Honours Programme, please email email@example.com or call 020 7473 4600.