Are you unsure what to do next? Do you wish you could start again and get some qualifications? If so, then this is the course for you. You will develop a package of skills and gain qualifications which will prepare you for a higher level of course at college or work. With lots of support on hand you will find learning enjoyable and receive lots of help planning your next steps. If you received support at school or have learning difficulties, an entry level course may be more suitable for you.
There are no formal entry requirements, but you must be aged 16-19 and not in education, employment or training.
You should be working at entry level 3 for Literacy.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- specialist units in Business and customer service
- developing your English, Numeracy and IT skills
- job and course search techniques
- managing your finances
- developing your interview skills
On the course you will:
- prepare for further study and the world of work
- work in small groups on project work
- gain a core set of skills and qualifications to help you progress
- take part in a one-week work placement
Method of assessment
You will be assessed by examinations and coursework.
You will receive a lot of support to prepare for the examinations.
What will I be able to progress to?
You will have a range of options open to you when you finish the course, including further study on a Level 2 course. Students have also progressed onto apprenticeships and work. This course gives you the opportunity to take the next steps towards a more rewarding future. Many students who found school challenging or unrewarding, discover another side to learning when in the supportive college environment.