Entry Level 2 Diploma in Skills for Independence and Work
This course helps students develop their skills, confidence and independence in a supported learning environment. It is for students with moderate learning difficulties, who may also have disabilities.
- a basic understanding of English and Maths
- able to write simple sentences, use basic punctuation and read straightforward texts
- able to do simple maths, such as counting, adding and subtracting sums
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- developing skills for work and independent living
- practical life skills
- English, Maths and IT
- independent and group project work
Students taking this course will:
- take part in cookery, sport, trips and art activities
- develop their communication and team work skills
- take part in a variety of enrichment activities, sports and fitness activities
What qualifications will I get?
- the Entry Level 2 Diploma in Skills for Independence and Work
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT
- all qualifications are awarded by Edexcel
How will I be supported?
- learning support practitioners will help students in class with what they find difficult, for example, understanding what they need to do, reading or writing
What will I be able to progress to?
- students will get support and advice in planning their next steps after the course
- further study on the Entry Level 3 programme is a possibility
- another college or supported employment
How to apply
- apply as early as possible with support from the your school
- you will need an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) which the borough’s post 16 SEN team will prepare
- applicants will be invited for a practical assessment and interview at the college
- successful applicants come for an introduction to the course before the summer holidays