Preparation for Progression
Designed for students who are not yet ready to start study at Level 1, including those with mild learning difficulties. The programme focuses on vocational and personal development skills. This will include study in several vocational areas, such as Art and Design, Business Performing Arts, and Travel and Tourism. It will provide you with pathways to further qualifications, such as a Level 1 vocational course, or to employment.
Entry Level 3
No qualifications are required, but you will sit a brief assessment to check your literacy and numeracy to show that you are currently working at the right level for the course. Your school will need to provide evidence of your learning difficulty to ensure that the course can provide the right supported learning environment for you.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- developing vocational skills in Art and Design, Performing Arts, Travel and Tourism, Health and Social Care and Business
- personal and social development, including aspects of citizenship, understanding young people, and Law and Order
- Functional Skills (English, Mathematics and ICT)
On the course you will:
- work on practical projects on a range of themes
- work independently and in groups
- develop your communication and team work skills
- get a taste of studying different vocational areas
Method of assessment
During the course you will be assessed in a variety of ways, both practical and written, including portfolio, tests, presentations and witness statements.
What will I be able to progress to?
The course will give you the skills and confidence for further study or work. The aim is for you to achieve qualifications at Entry Level 3 or Level 1, which will enable you to progress to employment or further study on Level 1, particularly in one of the vocational areas you have studied.
You will follow a one-year programme working towards the entry level award, and will be encouraged to move on to a Level 1 qualification either in this college or another educational institution. The qualification will be awarded by the Open College Network London (OCN London).