Caring for Children (CACHE)
This qualification is designed to stimulate interest and encourage understanding of the skills and knowledge needed to care for young children. Aimed at a range of learners, from young people needing to develop life skills to those considering working in childcare. The qualification will provide you with the knowledge, attitudes and skills essential for this field. If your aim and desire is to work with children in the future, then this is the right course for you.
CACHE Level 1 Award Certificate and Diploma
An E in GCSE Maths and English.
What will I study?
As a part of this course, the students will study and undertake a range of exciting, rewarding and stimulating units. Some of the exciting units include:
- safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- practical health and safety when with young children
- growth and development of young children
- human growth and development
- respecting and valuing children
On the course you will:
- complete assessments using a range of methods including: written assignments; designing a leaflet or booklets; charts or diagrams; posters
- gain work experience in a school-based and childcare setting, such as a primary school and a nursery
- develop your communication and numeracy skills to the high standards needed for childcare settings
- improve your knowledge of working with and caring for children. You will also develop your communication skills and knowledge of working with and caring for children
What will I be able to progress to?
The Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children is recognised as being an excellent route for students wishing to progress on to the CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care.
You will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) form confirming that you have no criminal convictions that prevent you from working with children or vulnerable adults. This check will be carried out by the college at the start of your Level 1 course. The cost is £20 (non-refundable).
You may also like
Health and Social Care (Level 1) – information about this option will be provided at interview and enrolment.