Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma/Extended Diploma IT Networking and Systems Support
What makes a computer work? This course will focus on designing computing and networking solutions. You will analyse business systems, learn how to support users of computer systems and develop software solutions. If you want a career in designing, implementing and maintaining computer and network systems, this course is ideal for you.
Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma/Extended Diploma
Foundation Diploma: one year
Extended Diploma: two years
Four or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including Mathematics. Students currently taking an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Extended Certificate with merit in a related subject, a grade C in Mathematics.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- Computer Hardware, Software Development and Information Systems
- end-user support
- Website Management
- PC specification and maintenance
- Network Administration and Networking projects
On the course you will:
- create your own software program
- gain practical work experience
- attend visits to discover how computers are used in industry and commerce
- discover how reliant the world is on technology and how important technological
- experts have become
Method of assessment
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments (58%) and external assessment (42%).
What will I be able to progress to?
On completion, you will be able to progress to university to study a range of degrees including Networking, Data Communications, Software Engineering, Games Software Development, Information Systems, Business or Computer Systems Engineering. You could also seek employment as a Technician, Trainee Manager or Junior Network Support Technician.