Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma Electronic Engineering
- 4 year success rate of over 95% (15% higher than the national average
- NewVIc Construction students make better progress than 99% of students on this course nationwide.
- Our students go on to Queen Mary, Brunel, Kingston, LSBU, Greenwich and Westminster
- Excellent employer links with a broad range of engineering companies.
This course will focus on developing knowledge in electrical and electronic applications, analysing problems, designing solutions and then implementing them. It also provides in-depth knowledge of Microelectronics, Analogue Electronics, and Digital Electronic Systems.
Level 3 BTEC 90 Credit Diploma/Extended Diploma
90 Credit Diploma: one year, Extended Diploma: two years
Four or more GCSEs at grades A*-C, including Mathematics (grade 9-5). Students currently taking an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma with Merit in a related subject, a grade 5 in Mathematics and a grade C in one other subject.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- technical communications
- electrical and electronic principles and projects
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- electronic measurement and testing
- circuit design and manufacture
On the course you will:
- develop your research skills
- advance your technical knowledge
- design and create your own electrical and electronic solutions
- develop your mathematical skills
- complete a project on a related topic of your choice
Method of assessment
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments.
What will I be able to progress to?
On completion of the course, you will be able to choose from a number of options, including going to university to study Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering or Business-related degrees. You could also seek employment as a Technician, Trainee Manager or Junior Engineer.