Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma/Extended Diploma Construction and the Built Environment
- 4 year success rate of over 95%
- NewVIc Construction students make better progress than 75% of students on this course nationwide.
- Our students go on to UCL, Brunel, Kingston, LSBU, Greenwich and Westminster
- Excellent employer links with a broad range of construction companies.
You will learn about the world of Construction and the Built Environment and gain an understanding of one of the most important sectors in the UK. It will also provide you with knowledge of the social, economic and cultural contribution of the built environment to individuals and the community.
Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma/Extended Diploma
90 Credit Diploma: one year Extended Diploma: two years
Four or more GCSEs (grades A*-C) including Mathematics (grade 9-5). Students currently taking an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma with Merit in a related subject, a grade 5 in Mathematics and a grade C in one other subject.
What will I study?
Through theory and practical activities, you will gain an understanding of the different professions and skills involved in this industry.
The course will focus on:
- Civil Engineering, Building Construction, Surveying and Project Management
- Architecture, Planning, Design and the preparation and use of technical drawings
- design of the built environment
- creating the built environment
- value and use of the built environment
- numeracy, communication and ICT skills
On the course you will:
- complete a project on a related topic of your choice
- benefit from work experience and site visits
- develop your research skills
- advance your technical knowledge
- have a chance to be mentored by a professional working in the sector
Method of assessment
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments.
What will I be able to progress to?
The Extended Diploma will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to progress to university, further training or employment. This may be within the broad sector of Construction, Civil Engineering or Architecture.
Alternatively, you might choose to use your transferable skills in a different area.