Spanish is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. On this programme you will explore various aspects of the contemporary society, culture and heritage of the countries where Spanish is spoken. You will have access to a wide range of resources, the opportunity to take part in a work shadowing scheme and much more.
A-level: two years
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE including Spanish, and English Language (grade 9-5).
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- Spanish writing, speaking, reading and listening
- Spanish and Latin American society
- young people in Spain
- Spanish current affairs and culture, including bullfighting and flamenco
On the course you will:
- participate in discussions
- listen to recordings and watch films
- take part in role plays
- visit Spanish cinema, theatre and exhibitions in London
- communicate with Spanish students
Method of assessment
You will be assessed through a series of examinations, both written and spoken.
What will I be able to progress to?
Spanish can be studied in combined degrees with almost any other subject. It combines particularly well with areas such as Business, Finance, Media, Tourism, Design and Fashion, Engineering, Science and Law.
Spanish can also be used in careers in Interpreting, Translating and Teaching. Previous students have completed university degrees on Spanish and International Business, Spanish and Chinese, and Spanish and Law amongst others.
Students are advised to buy a suitable dictionary.